Bosnia & Herzegovina is a safe country to visit, but like any destination, there are some precautions to keep in mind to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip. Here are some tips to help you stay safe in Bosnia & Herzegovina:
- Be aware of your surroundings: Stay alert in crowded areas, particularly in tourist hotspots and public transportation. Watch out for pickpockets and keep your valuables safe.
- Respect local customs: Bosnia & Herzegovina is a diverse country with different cultures and religions. Respect local customs and dress modestly when visiting religious sites.
- Use licensed taxis: Use licensed taxis or reputable ride-sharing services to avoid being scammed.
- Avoid political demonstrations: Avoid political demonstrations and rallies, which can occasionally turn violent.
- Watch out for unexploded landmines: Some rural areas in Bosnia & Herzegovina still have unexploded landmines left over from the war. Stay on marked trails and avoid venturing off into unmarked areas.
- Be careful when driving: Be aware of aggressive drivers, particularly on winding mountain roads. If possible, avoid driving at night.
- Keep emergency numbers handy: Keep emergency numbers, including the police, fire department, and ambulance, handy in case of an emergency.
By following these simple precautions, you can enjoy a safe and memorable trip to Bosnia & Herzegovina.